Quinoa isn’t only great as a salad, you can make amazing savory dishes with it too. Or replace it with any dish that contains rice! This savory, low calorie side dish, can be enjoyed with any meal. The main ingredient, Quinoa, is considered a super food with many health and nutrition benefits. This specific recipe is low in saturated fats, and contains 0 trans fats and cholesterol. Enjoy and let us know how it turns out!
Make sure to check the nutrition facts panel (on the right) for detailed nutrition information, the daily value numbers in red indicates that the recipe has high amounts of nutrient that you need to be cautious of (fat, sodium or cholesterol) and the green indicates that this recipe has a healthy amount of the ingredients you need. Use the table to keep track of your daily intake of calories, nutrients and vitamins and ensure you check the serving size on the panel to control your portions.
3 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
1 cup Onion (finely minced)
2 cups Organic, sprouted quinoa
2 tsp Garlic (minced)
1 ¾ cup Vegetable broth
1 ¾ cup Water
¼ tsp Thyme (ground)
2 Tbsp Parsley (fresh, finely minced)
½ tsp Salt
- Melt butter in saucepan using medium heat.
- Sauté onion, quinoa, and garlic, until onions are softened.
- Add chicken broth, water, thyme, and salt. First let the ingredients boil, and then reduce the heat to allow ingredients to simmer.
- Cover saucepan and cook for 20 minutes, or until grains are soft.
- Add parsley, while stirring. .
- Let the dish cool for 5 minutes, and serve.
Recipe Adapted from: AllRecipes.com