Enjoy this bell pepper (capsicum) stuffed with feta cheese and vegetables as an appetizer or lunch. It is a great source of all vitamins except vitamin D. For a protein option you could add ground chicken or tofu to the mixture.Check the nutrition facts panel (on the right) for detailed nutrition information, the daily value numbers in red indicates that the recipe has high amount of nutrient that you need to be cautious of (fat, sodium or cholesterol), and the green indicates that this recipe has a healthy amount of the ingredients you need. Use the table to keep track of your daily intake of calories, nutrients and vitamins and ensure you check the serving size on the panel to compare. This recipe contains 2 food groups – vegetables (2.5 serving) and dairy (1 serving).
1 medium Red onion, sliced
4 medium Baby zucchini, halved and sliced
16 small Cherry tomatoes, or 2 medium Tomatoes
16 small Black olives
200g Feta cheese
2 Tbsp Basil, chopped
1 Tbsp Olive oil
4 medium Red bell peppers, halved
1 tsp Black pepper
1 tsp Cumin powder
- Mix the onion, zucchini, cherry tomatoes and black olives
- Crumble over the feta and add the basil
- Add olive oil and season with black pepper or cumin seed powder (any spices as desired)
- Divide the mixture between the pepper halves and wrap each in aluminum foil
- Arrange on a baking tray and grill or bake at 350°F (180°C) for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
If you have tried this recipe, please share a picture with us for a chance to have your picture and name with profile on our website! Email your picture at firstname.lastname@example.org or share on our facebook page !