This sandwich can be great to take to lunch, fill it up with any leftover chicken, meats or beans. Choose lower fat and low sodium salsa and dressings. Here we used Ranch dressing but you can replace it with any of your favorite condiments. Check out the nutrition facts panel (on the right) for detailed nutrition information. The daily value numbers in red indicates that the recipe has high amounts of nutrient that you need to be cautious of (fat, sodium or cholesterol) and the green indicates that this recipe has a healthy amount of the ingredients you need. Use the table to keep track of your daily intake of calories, nutrients and vitamins and ensure you check the serving size on the panel to control your portions.
1.5 cup Chicken breast strips for stir-frying
1/2 tsp Chili powder
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Canola oil
1 small Bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
2 Tbsp Ranch salad dressing, fat free
4 Tortillas, whole wheat
1/2 cup Salsa, ready-to-serve
- Sprinkle chicken strips with chili powder and garlic powder.
- Coat a medium non-stick skillet with 1 tsp oil or cooking spray, heat over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken and bell pepper strips in hot skillet over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and pepper strips are tender. Drain if necessary.
- Toss with salad dressing of your choice.
- Divide chicken and pepper mixture between warmed tortillas.
- Top with Easy Fresh Salsa. Roll up; cut in half.
*To warm tortillas: Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Heat in a 350 degrees F oven about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Recipe source: BHG.com