Do you have difficulty coming up with healthy desserts, especially whole grain ones that taste great? Look no further these Quinoa-Oat muffins clusters will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth! This recipe is gluten free and vegan. It also is low in cholesterol, sodium, saturated fats, and contains 0 trans fats.
Make sure to check the nutrition facts panel (on the right) for detailed nutrition information, the daily value numbers in red indicates that the recipe has high amounts of nutrient that you need to be cautious of (fat, sodium or cholesterol) and the green indicates that this recipe has a healthy amount of the ingredients you need. Use the table to keep track of your daily intake of calories, nutrients and vitamins and ensure you check the serving size on the panel to control your portions.
1 cup Dried Apricots, unsweetened
1.5 cup Water
Ingredients for the Muffin Clusters
¾ cup Quinoa (slightly undercooked)
1 ½ cup Rolled Oats
½ cup Mixed nuts, ground
½ cup Raisins (or any another unsweetened dried fruit)
¼ cup Almond butter
½ cup Apricot paste
2 Tbsp Flaxseed meal (mixed with 6 Tbsp of water)
½ cup Almond milk, unsweetened
½ tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbsp pure Vanilla extract
Servings: 24 Mini clusters
Directions For the Apricot Paste
- Cover the apricots with cold water. Let them soak for 4-6 hours. Remove the apricots, and save the water.
- Blend apricots, until they obtain a smooth consistency. If consistency is too thick, or lumpy, use some of the water you saved from step 1.
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate.
Directions for the Muffin Clusters
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and spray a non stick muffin pan with cooking spray
- Cook Quinoa based on the package directions. Ensure that most of the water is removed by cooking on higher heat
- Mix Flaxseed meal with warm water. Stir once in a while, while you continue on with the recipe. The consistency should be gooey.
- In a bowl mix together the quinoa, oats, mixed nuts, and raisins
- In a spate bowl mix almond butter, apricot paste, flaxseed meal, almond milk, cinnamon, and vanilla
- Add the dry ingredients into the 2nd bowl and Stir together
- Add the granola mixture into each muffin cup. Fill almost to the top. Make sure to press the product down firmly.
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Let cool, and serve
Recipe Source: OneGreenPlanet.org