This pasta is a great way to add greens to your meals. It contains zucchini but you can replace it with any of your favourite vegetables. Use whole wheat pasta instead of regular pasta, this will add fibre to your diet. Check the nutrition facts panel (on the right) for detailed nutrition information, the daily value numbers in red indicates that the recipe has high amount of nutrient that you need to be cautious of (fat, sodium or cholesterol), and the green indicates that this recipe has a healthy amount of the ingredients you need. Use the table to keep track of your daily intake of calories, nutrients and vitamins and ensure you check the serving size on the panel to compare. This recipe contains 3 food groups – vegetables (two servings), grains, and dairy (0.5 serving).
1 medium Onion
1 large Bell pepper, sliced
1 medium Zucchini, thinly sliced
3 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 cup Stock or water (or dry white wine)
1/2 tsp Black pepper powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 pound Whole-wheat Macaroni (penne)
1 1/2 cups Peas
1/2 cup Fresh mint leaves, chopped
3/4 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
1.5 Tbsp Olive oil
- Fry onion and salt in olive oil and cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and zucchini to the onion. Cook until the vegetables are just beginning to soften, 3 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and continue cooking until fragrant, 1 minute more.
- Stir in stock/water (or wine) and pepper; simmer until most of the water has evaporated, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni in boiling water according to the package directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Return the pasta to the pot.
- Stir the reserved cooking liquid and the vegetables into the pasta along with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, peas, mint and feta.
If you have tried this recipe, please share a picture with us for a chance to have your picture and name with profile on our website! Email your picture at email@example.com or share on our facebook page !