Include fish twice a week for improved brain and body function. This recipe provides omega-3s (EPA and DHA) and the rare Vitamin D. Make sure to check the nutrition facts panel (on the right) for detailed nutrition information, the daily value numbers in red indicates that the recipe has high amounts of nutrient that you need to be cautious of (fat, sodium or cholesterol) and the green indicates that this recipe has a healthy amount of the ingredients you need. Use the table to keep track of your daily intake of calories, nutrients and vitamins and ensure you check the serving size on the panel to control your portions.
1 pounds (500g) Salmon fillet, Atlantic, wild
1 Tbsp Canola Oil
1 large Onion, chopped
1 garlic Clove, chopped
3 medium Tomato, chopped
½ Tbsp Cumin powder
½ tsp Turmeric powder
½ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Thyme, dried
1 tsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Coriander, fresh, chopped
½ Tbsp Green chillies, chopped
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently saute’ the onion, tomatoes and garlic for about 5 minutes until soft
- Add the spices (cumin, salt, thyme, paprika and turmeric powder) and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add ¾ cup of water.
- Bring to a simmer, then add the fish.
- Gently cook for 4-5 minutes until the fish flakes easily.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and chopped green chillies.
Recipe adapted from BBCgoodfood.com